As most domainers know, I was one of the few domain buyers looking at the 3D and Future Trend domain buying strategy back in 2004. I also let the cat out of the bag when it was sleeping just fine in there. I revealed my strategy on Monte Cahn’s “DomainMaster Radio” interview in October 2006.
Guess what? For all you old-timers, it’s time to “Erase Your Head!”
Those future trend domains are now maturing faster than expected and have started selling nicely, thank you. My domains were purchased from mainly OOTB, but I also bought domains from private sellers and in auctions and domain “listing” sites, like Buydomains. I got very good prices from all because most of them weren’t keyed in with information I was reading daily in my “future tech” science report searches.
A good buddy and brilliant domainer, Michael Berkens (Em-Bee) posted an article on his blog TheDomains.com about the emergence of value in 3D domains over 3 months ago that has now reached past the 550 (!) comment mark, which I believe is a record for his blog site (and many other domain blog sites). Suddenly 3D domains have gone ballistic. We have noobies picking up domains for OOTB’s and getting four figure offers on them within less than six months. Talk about striking it rich!
Now it’s time for me to reveal the secret of 3D, Hologram/Holographic, and other future trend domains: If you’re not investing in now, you will be paying huge prices for them in the next year or two, or kicking yourself for not nabbing them when they began to blossom. Even now, 3D products and services are so huge in consumer trends, and every major corporation is looking at “New Media” advertising, including 3D displays and gimmickry. The public LOVES it. The manufacturers are scrambling, the New Media crowd is falling over itself to jump on this bandwagon, and most of them already have to some extent.
There’s some fun facts right now to impress you with what’s happening just with 3D prodservs.
1) Samsung has sold over 300,000 units of 3D-based TV’s since June 2010. They’re said to own almost 90% of the market in 3D TVs.
2) Sony has said they expect to sell over (read this right) a whopping 2.5 million 3D TV’s in the next year. Expect new technologies to make those TV’s obsolete before the end of 2011. Hey, for now, you can be the coolest house on the block with a 3D TV.
3) Most consumers surveyed about their opinion on 3D entertainment said that other than having cheap 3D optics (glasses), when they get good glasses and a great TV presentation, the experience is fantastic.
4) Drawbacks to 3D consumers talked about were “headaches from bad 3D glasses” and poor migrations of 2D films into 3D films.
5) The “coolest” TV to own right now, under 60 inches, is the Samsung UN55C7000
6) Here’s what we can we expect from 3D advertising: Every major corporation has a 3D New Media campaign already produced, in the works, or planned to head up a campaign. Even billboards on the side of the road will be freaking out drivers… and premiere’s for every new high level product, place, service, will have a 3D ad campaign to back it up. That’s only the start. Every major company is involved.
7) Cellphone apps are being made, along with cellphone technology, to take, project and view 3D images.
My article only covers 3D products and media. There are many other future tech prodservs to immerse your mind and dollars into right now. This is where the big domain money will be in the next 3 years.
I’m offering anyone looking into purchasing Future Trend domains, including 3D, Holograms, Solar, Robotics, Cellphone Apps, Green Prodserves and electric fashions, a FREE place here to discuss their domain purchases, sales, opinions and expectations for future trend domains.
I am opening my blog site and will feature any and all of your submissions, both in comments and domains you are trying to sell. I’m going to do everyone a favor and let my blog be an OPEN FORUM for future trend domains.
If you aren’t on board with future trend domains now, you will be by 2011, but by then, it might be too late to get the current maturing domains for less than $5000, if that.
Have fun, and I look forward to future technology domains and your opinions! Show us what you got and what you’re doing with it!