BIG NOTE FOR SUCCESSCLICK AND Future Trend Domain Auction™ FANS:
I finally received hopefully my final medical treatment for a crushed elbow, and it’s news that has removed a lot of stress on me. There’s no broken joints, but I have compressed cartilage, bruised pivot joints, and torn ligaments in my left elbow that I’ve been struggling with for almost six weeks. I was supposed to have exploratory surgery a month ago, which would have torn my arm apart and not allowed me to be able to type for another two months.
Because of this auction, and my dedication to helping everyone try to find the “sweet spot” for the value of their FT domains (or what has matured, and what hasn’t), I chose not to have the surgery, and my wife helped me do some physical therapy at home, against three doctor’s recommendations who wanted surgery. (think they want some money from my med insurance?)
My arm still isn’t 100%, but I can type, and after seeing an orthopedic surgeon specialist, he informed me that there probably isn’t permanent damage that would require surgery. This was a huge relief, and I’ve been trying to catch up with all of you since then. Thanks to many of you for your support and writing me personally.
The Future Trend Domain Auction™ is still on, and Moniker hasn’t given me any indication that it isn’t. The auction hasn’t been officially announced because of the unbelievable amount of submissions I received (over 2,500 from about 275 people). Compounding the unexpected popularity of this auction was the fact that there are A LOT OF SMART DOMAINERS OUT THERE.
You guys have found Future Trend domains that even I haven’t heard before, and I probably am the foremost expert in this area in the world. (Just had to say that to irritate my buddies). Seriously, we have had to research hundreds of domains we’ve never heard of before. Some we just wanted to skip over because they sounded so ridiculous, except they turned out to be FOR REAL. I don’t think anyone in this sector of domain investing even KNOWS the amazing technology trends that are being developed right now. It’s incredible. However, searching them up and confirming their value has been overwhelming.
Since Successclick.com isn’t making a commission or any money from promoting this auction, we’ve put hundreds of hours pouring over your domains to pick out the ones we feel will not only blow people’s minds, but possibly open up new domain investment doors. We’re happy to have support for new technology domain investing from some of the top domainers in the world, including Rick Schwartz, Michael Berkens, Elliot Silver, Adam Strong, Page Howe, Andrew Allemann, Ron Jackson and many others. Sorry if I didn’t drop your names here in this list that is only half true.
We can tell you that at least 80% of the domains have been accepted, and the process of contacting those domainers for officially entering them into the auction using SnapMon’s requirements is all that’s left, except for the homework I’ll be giving you once you’ve confirmed you’ve allowed your domains into the auction.
The Future Trend Domain Auction™ is a different auction, unlike any held before. How? Because I’m pushing SnapMon to use their non-domainer marketing tactics to reach end users instead of simply sending out boilerplate email to their domainer list. Successclick is contacting marketing websites and will be sending out PRwire news releases about this auction to hopefully attract end users.
However, here’s the big “I love FT Domains” move that all of you can do to help this auction bring in outside end users:
POST COMMENTS ON EVERY MARKETING AND ADVERTISING WEBSITE talking about the power of owning your FT brand domains and leading them to the Future Trend Domain Auction™. Obviously, you can’t do this until we finalize the list of accepted domains, and the date for the auction. Be aware that this information will be forthcoming in the next week or so
So, wrapping it up:
1) My arm is healing up well and I’ve learned to not sneak through my back acre to take photos with my wife’s expensive camera of baby wood ducks (probably the most beautiful duck in the world) without watching where I’m walking.
2) We’ve reviewed the majority of FT domain submissions, and almost everyone who submitted has at least one or more domains accepted.
3) No worries (as I’ve heard from several veteran domainers) that SnapMon will be “slash/dashing” your domains, pushing your reserves down to way below their acceptable value. HOWEVER, we’ve received about 200 domains from domainers that are asking for reserves in the low six-seven figures. That’s right. This is NOT the right time to present those domains before we’ve identified this category’s domain values. If you have domains that you feel are in the six-seven figure range, I’d hold on to them and not present them at this auction. The lower the reserve, the more we’re interested in your domain.
4) The Future Trend Domain Auction™ is the first auction of its type. This event is a long-planned experiment in marketing a new domain category and finding whether the category’s different sub-categories have matured. DO NOT EXPECT HUGE PAYOUTS. Don’t expect anything except watching how many end users will show up. When the time is right, you all can help with this, so this event it truly a “group project” among friends and associates.
5) I personally apologize for misjudging the amount of time that producing the Future Trend Domain Auction™ would take, especially researching your brilliant domain names, and trust me, there are truly exceptional FT domains in this auction.
I hope this article helps all of you, and I will be posting the anticipated information you’ve been waiting for in the next weeks.
I apologize for the delay in the auction, I really can’t use my elbow injury as an excuse to deny you all your enthusiasm for the event. I hope the wait will bring something fantastic to this event.
Stay tuned, and again, thank you for your support during the last five weeks.